Web Server Check Tool
This utility allows you to perform a range of tests on web and DAV servers to check their functionality. The currently supported checks are: HEAD, OPTIONS, PROPFIND, REPORT and SEARCH (in custom query only) and you can now specify your own custom query.
NB: Only HTTP and HTTPS protocols are supported and you MUST specify the protocol in the URL field.
- 1) If you cancel a custom query the extension will perform an OPTIONS query instead.
- 2) The SEARCH query is only available as a custom query and the "Depth" option is ignored as the depth should be specified as part of the query.
- Add-On Pages: Firefox and SeaMonkey
- License: Mozilla Public License, version 2.0
- Status: Fully reviewed by Mozilla.
- Current Version for Firefox: 3.0
- Current Version for SeaMonkey: 2.0
CardDAV Server Information
- Unsupported CardDAV Servers:
- 1) Google (Uses OAuth for authentication)
- 2) Yahoo (Uses OAuth for authentication)
- 3) SOGo Open Source Groupware (Is not standards compliant).
- Any SSL certificate errors will cause the network connection to fail.
- The only authentication systems available are those built in to Firefox and SeaMonkey.
Web Server Check Tool: Initial Screen
Web Server Check Tool: List Of Queries
Web Server Check Tool HEAD query
Web Server Check Tool OPTIONS query
SSL Certificate Error Report
Custom Query: Initial Screen
Custom Query: List Of Queries
Custom Query: Available Depth Values
- Version 3.0 - 8 June 2022
- Firefox only! This is the first version written as a WebExtension.
- Version 2.0 - 26 February 2016
- 1) The extension now displays the status code and the status text of the check performed.
- 2) There is now an option to enter your own custom query if there is a specific test that you want to perform. If you cancel the custom query the extension will perform an OPTION query instead.
- Version 1.1 - 3 August 2014
- 1) Improved reporting of network errors including SSL certificate errors.
- 2) Added support for SeaMonkey.
- Version 1.0 - 13 July 2014
- Initial release.
The icon used for this extension is derived from an icon in the "Tango Icon Theme" which was released into the public domain by its copyright holders.